I have a stack which sometimes takes a long time to save so I'd like to put up a message with a progress bar (or even a static one is OK) while I save it so the user knows that something is happening and it just isn't finished yet.

Ask and Answer won't work because they require the user to do something to get them started. I might want to allow the user to cancel the save but probably not even that.

Rev does something like what I want when it saves a stack except there is no progress bar but it isn't obvious to me how they do it.

Bill Vlahos