Bill Marriott wrote:

Ubuntu is really flaky on the latest version of Parallels. Sorry but it's true. Rev worked more or less okay on earlier Parallels with Ubuntu. Still trying to get naked Ubuntu working on build 3188 of Parallels.

Ask them why they don't have a drop-down option for Ubuntu when setting up a virtual machine. I've tried both "Debian" and "Other 2.6 Kernel" with it and I get errors while booting the Live CD and can't even shut down reliably.

I have the shutdown problem too, it hangs at "will halt now" and that's that. Then I just have to manually hit the Stop button. Otherwise it works semi-okay except after launching Rev or MC. The stacks actually run fine for a while, but the whole system becomes unresponsive soon after. The mouse moves, but no mouse or keyboard input is accepted.

Instructions I found on the web say to install on Parallels using "Other 2.6 Kernel" so that's what I did. I also had problems with installation and had to build a couple of packages manually after rebooting.

I wish I had not updated to Parallels 3188 -- the older version was rock solid. I have had my WinXP image crash Parallels repeatedly too (even if I never launch Rev.) I sent them a handful of logs yesterday.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]