Ah, good info Bill. Thanks.

On Mar 23, 2007, at 11:46 AM, Bill Marriott wrote:

Chris,

After building my standalone, which is sort of a launcher app for my main installer, and running it under Windows Vista, I get the security warning
that tells me the publisher for the exe is unknown.

Unfortunately, applications you author with Rev cannot simply "inherit" the signature. Rev's installer is "known" because it is digitally "signed" by Revolution in accordance with Microsoft's guidelines. Your standalone is a brand-new program as far as Vista is concerned. And rightly so, because anyone could use a programming tool like Rev to write a program that wreaks
havoc.

In order to sign your code, you need to have a digital certificate from
Verisign, and then you need to go through the code signing process as
outlined here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/security/authcode/signing.asp

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally