I have a working vCARD import and export but it isn't in a form I can easily post at the moment. It isn't too difficult to do but it is tedious. I have it working with the Address Books on both Mac and Windows but I have not tried it with any other program that does vCARDs yet. Note that Apple uses v3 of the vCARD format while Microsoft uses version 2 for XP and earlier (I have not looked at Vista's version). Even though Windows uses version 2 it appears to be able to import version 3 so that is what I export.

Since vCARDs are just text files it is pretty simple to see how they are constructed.

I hope to release a sample stack after I release this new product I'm working on but that probably won't happen for a few months.

Andre's stack is pretty elegant and it contains a great reference to what the vCARD and vCAL standard formats are.
http://www.soapdog.org/vObjectPackage.rev

Bill Vlahos