And assembly language beats the socks off of everything, and I suppose, with Apple's transition to Intel chips, would also be cross platform. Of course I've never done any for X86 chips; but a lot for 6800; and, even with the 8 and 16 mhz machines of the day, it was blazing, eye-popping fast. Not proposing; just commenting. (smile)

Joe Wilkins