Mark, et al:

I believe that form of the switch statement with no argument may be
unique to Transcript. I do use it to handle all sorts of corner conditions
that would otherwise result in really ugly code, but I have to twist my head
around it each time,

That form of switch introduces the possibility of executing multiple cases while falling through a single switch. That alone adds both power and complexity.

Rob Cozens, Staff Conservator
Mendonoma Marine Life Conservancy

"Knowledge of the oceans is more than a matter of curiosity.
 Our very survival may depend upon it."

-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 1961