Eric, Doesn't Sarah's stack fill this need?

I haven't tested this, but it's a library that might work around the problem.
http://www.troz.net/Rev/libraries/DateTime.rev.gz

useful other stuff there
http://www.troz.net/Rev/libraries.php

otherwise it might be reading time...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0879304960/ref=sib_dp_pt/102-6465170-0623361#reader-link

Hi Mickey,

Sorry, I just reproduced what you wrote :-)
You provided: "o1/07/1970"

Now about dates prior to 1/1/1970, docs are clear:

Convert command:
Note: The range of dates that the convert command can handle is limited by the operating system's date routines. In particular, Windows systems are limited to dates after 1/1/1970.
I do regret this but it seems documented...