Hi Kristijonas,

To answer your questions:

1. It's still necessary to run full repair on a cluster on which incremental repair is run periodically. The frequency of full repair is more of an art than science. Generally speaking, the less reliable the storage media, the more frequently full repair should be run. The documentation on this topic is available here <https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/stable/cassandra/operating/repair.html#incremental-and-full-repairs>

2. Run incremental repair for the first time on an existing cluster does cause Cassandra to re-compact all SSTables, and can lead to disk usage spikes. This can be avoided by following the steps mentioned here <https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra-oss/3.0/cassandra/operations/opsRepairNodesMigration.html>

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Bowen