The following link describes ParameterMaps
http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/dotnet/datamapper/ch03s04.html

Here is an example of a SQL Map using stored procedures and parameter maps.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<sqlMap namespace="ShiftVsp" xmlns="http://ibatis.apache.org/mapping";
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
        <alias>
                <typeAlias alias="Shift" type="... />
        </alias>
        <resultMaps>
        </resultMaps>
        <statements>
                <procedure id="Insert" parameterMap="InsertShiftParameterMap"
resultClass="map" >
                        i_dmShifts
                </procedure>
        </statements>
        <parameterMaps>
                <parameterMap id="ShiftParameterMap" class="Shift">
                        <parameter column="Shift" property="Name"
type="System.String"
dbType="varchar" />
                        <parameter column="Comments" property="Comments"
type="System.String" dbType="varchar" />
                        <parameter column="Status" property="Status"
type="Int16"
dbType="smallint" />
                        <parameter column="EnteredBy"
property="AuditInformation.EnteredBy"
type="System.String" dbType="varchar" />
                </parameterMap>
                <parameterMap id="InsertShiftParameterMap" class="Shift"
extends="ShiftParameterMap">
                        <parameter column="Key" property="ReferenceKey.Id"
type="System.Int32" dbType="int" mode="OUTPUT" />
                </parameterMap>
        </parameterMaps>
</sqlMap>

As for speed, what is slow?  A result set that large will take time to
materialize.  How many columns are you returning? How long does the
database take to return the rows?  Do you actually need all these rows
at the same time?  If you are only processing one row at a time and
don't need to get the full list and then process it, you can look at
QueryWithRowDelegate.  This really has more to due with memory than
speed.

http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/dotnet/datamapper/ch04s04.html#id401029

Hope this helps.

Mike