Yes, it does pass the SQL directly to the driver, but unless you use
the $$ syntax for parameters, you should be safe with iBATIS.

The $$ syntax is the only part of iBATIS that allows string
concatenation, which is the biggest source of SQL injection attacks.

If you are using a really crappy jdbc driver, you could have issues
with it somehow botching things in it's implementation of prepared
statements, but I have not heard of a single case of that happening.

Larry