Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry for the late response..
The id property doesnt exist in the object im inserting, its only an
internal identifier in the access database. In the database this is
defined as Number.

And i am stuck with access, as this system is already deployed and widely
used..
Any help on how to solve this would ensure you a place in heaven ;)