Hi,

I have a situation where I need to read the same table from a couple of
different servers.  I'm using the ibatis dao framework on top of ibatis
sqlmaps.  I've thought of a couple of solutions and was wondering what the
best practice is?

1.
        a. Copy the sqlmap config file for the table to a new name.
        b. Create another Dao class and context to use the new file.

2.
        a. Create a second instance of a DaoManager from a second
dao-config.xml which reuses the same dao class and table.

It would be nice if the daoManager had a feature to specify the context to
use so that the above wouldn't be necessary.  Would it be feasible to add
such a feature?

I guess it would look something like:
        dao-config.xml:
                <context name="this.server">
                <context name="that.server">

        daoManager.getDao(SomeBean.class, "this.server");

Thanks,
Niels