>> If we are going to have support for disconnected rowsets in the future
>> What would be the reasons why you might introduce such a concept in iBatis?

I don't know.  Personally I see no need.  But I am just one person of thousands who use this framework.

It will need to be discussed, a case will need to be made for supporting them, and we'll need to ensure that doing so doesn't threaten the scope of iBATIS or the existing feature set.

Cheers,
Clinton

On 11/7/05, Abdullah Kauchali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Clinton Begin wrote:

> >> I am simply asking for clarification.
>
> And now you have it.

That iBatis is an ORM tool that lacks important ORM features?  :)  (Just
joking!)

Clinton,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for upsetting you.   That was never
my intention.  I see you are on
a massive defensive mode here, so I will give up here.

However, can you answer one last question for my sake on this topic -
I'd really appreciate it:

If we are going to have support for disconnected rowsets in the future
(for reasons other than
what I cite :-) ),  can you tell me on what basis they will be
introduced?  What would be the reasons
why you might introduce such a concept in iBatis?

Kind regards,

Abdullah