From: Clinton Begin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 10:43 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org; dev@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Deprecating PaginatedList interfaces and SqlMapClient method

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest that we deprecate the PaginatedList interface, all implementations of it, and the SqlMapClient methods that use it.

Why?

  1. It's currently overused where it probably shouldn't be used at all.
  2. It's not a flexible model, so you can't supply your own implementation of PaginatedList.
  3. Using queryForList() with skip and count parameters is better all around.
Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Clinton