Dedecting de database is fine... the probem is checking if the query
is mapped before running it.
The problem with catching the exception is that in case of and
update/delete query, it may have consequences (partial updates or at
least a rollback). I really needed to check.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Christopher Lamey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You could look at the database metadata through the Connection:
>
>    sqlMapClient.getCurrentConnection().getMetaData().getDatabaseXXX()
>
> And then use that to call either the Oracle or generic sql.
>
> I personally wouldn't go that route because Oracle might change their
> metadata so it'd break your code.
>
> I'd probably go with some kind of application config that's defined along
> with the DataSource (JNDI, Spring, properties file, whatever):
>
> database.vendor=Oracle
>
> And then specifically look for that in my code.
>
> On 6/18/08 9:25 AM, "Julio Faerman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know if is it possible to check if a query exists
>> before executing it.
>> For example, if i am using oracle and have a optimezed query for
>> oracle, i would like to run:
>>
>> sqlMapClient.queryForList("myQuery.oracle");
>>
>> if there is no special query for oracle, i would like to run just the
>> standard query:
>>
>> sqlMapClient.queryForList("myQuery");
>>
>> is it possible to do something like "sqlMapClient.exists/contais(query)" ?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Julio
>
>

Reply via email to