I am no expert in this either but a default setup for oracle allows for 200
connections.  At least this was the case a few version back.  In my mind I
think you can an maybe should have more connections than processors.
 Depending on the length of time the connection is open and idle.  Again I
could be very wrong on this so I hope others continue to input on this
thread.
Nathan