Thanks Clinton,

I agree with you, at least I think I do.

I think only throwing an exception on only more than one object is a great
idea.

In our standard approach we often see requests for objects that have been
deleted. All we do is test for null and then respond appropriately. What
concerns me is that the current approach will have us try, catch, test to
see what caused the error and then respond appropriately.

Where I¹d prefer to return null on 0, object for 1 and then throw a
TooManyObjects error ­ the name of the error is irrelevant :) This way a
simple null test is all that is needed in non exceptional circumstances.

Z.