With all of that said I did push 3.0-beta-3 out to the apache maven sync
server.  so keep checking and you might actually see it on the maven servers
by tomorrow night.  Apache only pushes out once every 24 hours and I think I
might have just missed the window.
I can almost promise that the beta-4 maven release will be very quick save I
don't get pulled down by a client.

Nathan