Ah I overlooked that you were using queryForMap().  Maybe I can clear this
up for you.  If you need a list of ordered objects then use queryForList().
 If you want a map based on a key for quick lookup then use queryForMap().
 Without knowing what you are trying to query for I dont know which is best
for you.
Maybe an example will help.

Imagine that you have a query that returns more then one Person object.  So
your result class for your sqlmap will be a Person class.  Now if you want
an order list the use queryForList().  If you want a map based on SSN then
use queryForMap()

Nathan