I think Mukhi is trying to pass a string and an array of numbers, the string
being the entryRefno and the list of nunbers to be added to the IN() clause of
the SELECT statement in the example given.

The Map is the way to go, you just need to add the string as shows in the code
sample below. The array of numbers is more complicated because I dont think
there is way to iterate over an array in the map xml (correct me if I am wrong
here). The way I would handle this is to turn the array into a comma separated
string of numbers and pass that, so in the example below I would turn the array
(90,89,93,45,67) into a string "90,89,93,45,67" and pass that. Ugly but
workable.

Did I understand the question correctly?

Cheers

François

On Apr 12, 2010, at 10:41 AM, Nathan Maves wrote:

> I am not sure you are grasping the concept here.
>
> Both IB2 and IB3 can take any type of java.util.Map implementation as
> a parameter.
>
> Map<String, Object> parameters = new HashMap<String, Object>();
> parameters.put("someNumber", Integer.valueOf(123));
> parameters.put("someString", "hello");
>
> Now use that parameter as the single parameter to any ibatis sqlmap client.
>
> In IB3 you can use multiple named parameters but the above will still work.
>
> I would really suggest reading the developers guide.  This is all
> covered in a very short pdf.
>
> Nathan
>
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 8:24 AM, mukhi <vkstudymater...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, but the parameter 'entryrefno' is of numeric type in my table. How
>> can i pass two different types of values to Map  at the same time?
>> Please reply me. I am struck at this point.
>>

>> Nate Weiss wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi mukhi--
>>>
>>> I'm pretty new to this list, but I believe the general solution is to
>>> make a HashMap and pass that in:
>>>
>>> Map params = new HashMap();
>>> params.entryRefno= myEntryRefno;
>>> params.someList = someList;