Thank you all for the kind words!

@Mark:

Motion blur has been done with the ReelSmart Motion Blur plugin for After
Effects.

This is a very nice plugin, no need to render subsamples per frame.

And you can adjust the amount of blur interactively.

This plugin can create motionblur based on the movement of pixels inside the
image sequence.

But you get best results when you've got a motion vector image.

With this image RSMB knows how much to blur in which direction.

Unfortunately Realsoft cannot output such files at the moment.

I already suggested support for such output ;)

AA was at its standard (best) setting, no scaling. Well, for this mpeg it
was scaled down from 720x576 to 512 x288.

Anyway I'll show two images as they were rendered (rendered with a 1.422
pixel aspect ratio):

www.xs4all.nl/~joly/temp/autostill_Rend.jpg

www.xs4all.nl/~joly/temp/autostill_AE.jpg

The first is the pure render.

The second shows the final frame as adjusted with After Effects.

To keep rendertimes as low as possible I chose to use simple hard shadows. I
rendered a multipass sequence, and then blurred the shadowpass in AE to make
it a bit softer.

Not an entirely perfect solution as you can see around the tires of the car,
but it hardly shows in the animation ;)

Of course (beside the motionblur) this would be renderable in RS too.

But it will be quite a bit slower. Not the normal way of rendering I mean,
but network rendering. Network rendering with RS is great for stills, but
not for animation.

The overhead of sending parts of each frame to all the servers is not very
efficient. C4D breaks the animation into sequences and sends these to the
servers.

The still above, took about 2 minutes to render on a 2,4 GHz quadcore

Arjo.