Hi Jan

Regarding the documentation, there is some:
http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/display/DOCS45/Site+definition#Sitedefinition-Variations
http://documentation.magnolia-cms.com/display/DOCS45/Mobile#Mobile-Devicechannel

What I could not figure out in the limited time that I studied this: [b]How 
does the connection between channels and variations work?[/b]

The DeviceChannelResolver returns "smartphone", "tablet" or "desktop". And 
there is a variation called "smartphone". Can I assume that Magnolia looks for 
a site definition variation with the same name as the current channel? Could I 
therefore write my own channel resolver which for instance looks at the 
repository and  extension and the when there is a request for an page in the 
website repository with the extension ".pdf" it could call a variation "pdf" 
which then uses a PDF renderer to output the content? 

Thanks for some additional input!

-will

-- 
Context is everything: 
http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/forum/thread.html?threadId=d739bdd8-2e3a-4745-9123-a428d336f317


----------------------------------------------------------------
For list details, see http://www.magnolia-cms.com/community/mailing-lists.html
Alternatively, use our forums: http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/
To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[email protected]>
----------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to