Hi Wolfgang, I see 2 possible approaches to solve this: 1) override the website tree configuration and/or tree class so as not to render the selection control for the templates. 2) override the default TemplateAvailability so that only the currently set template is detected as being available for those pages (then it will be the only choice, and the user won't be able to change it).
#2 is probably easier to do. Regards from Vienna, Richard (iPhone) > On 17.10.2013, at 09:29, "Wolfgang Wachsmuth (via Magnolia Forums)" > <[email protected]> wrote: > > Locking template selection > > Hello there, > I would like to lock the template selection for some branches in my website > tree (except you have a specific role). > But I don't want to give the authors read only rights because they shall be > able to set component properties or edit the page's content. Is there an > elegant way? What class do you advice to overwrite? > > The background: > I have some very specific page template definitions only working with > specific URLs (dynamic content from other sources fetched by web request > parameters). So this templates shouldn't be selectetable for the normal > authors, it's more like superuser stuff. So I set a new class for the > template availabilty and do not set this templates available for > non-superusers. The problem I see (in near future *g*) is the author is > accidently clicking on template selection of that specific page. So he won't > have the possibilty to select the original template but has to take a > template leading to collapse this page. To avoid this I would like to lock > the template selection for this pages for this users. > > Thanks in advance > > -- > Context is everything: > http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/forum/thread.html?threadId=2fb8b93a-8baf-49aa-9491-fcd63b2dd421 > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------- > For list details, see http://www.magnolia-cms.com/community/mailing-lists.html > Alternatively, use our forums: http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/ > To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[email protected]> > ---------------------------------------------------------------- > > ---------------------------------------------------------------- For list details, see http://www.magnolia-cms.com/community/mailing-lists.html Alternatively, use our forums: http://forum.magnolia-cms.com/ To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[email protected]> ----------------------------------------------------------------
