Hi Kian,
I reply with some "random" responses..

To run Magnolia locally, you need Tomcat. No matter the port where you run it,
you can run it on 8080, 8090, ...
Moreover, Magnolia and Joomla does not have anything in common except the
possible usage of MySQL. In other words, I suggest to keep separated the
environment for those 2 kind of project (php vs java).

To have Magnolia running locally for a demo purpose, you can even dowload a
bundle archive, which contains a Tomcat distribution. But if you want to run
locally for development purpose, I suggest you to setup a IDE (Eclipse,
IntelliJ, ...) with Tomcat connectors.

HTH,
M.

--