On Thursday 17 March 2005 20:25, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:13:37PM -0300, itamar wrote:
> > I am running the guest kernel with mem=256M
>
> does it sound reasonable that 256MB of memory is in use?  if so can
> you trim that down?
>
> if this seems too high we need to see if there is a leak somewhere
Paul Warren said that there is a leak in 2.4 UML related to hostfs stuff.. and
I already saw this message from some 2.4 recent UMLs. I hope Paul Warren can
explain what he saw and help us...

In case we have confirmation it's hostfs-related, we only need to go back to
the stable 2.4.24-1um hostfs code (i.e. pre-humfs), as I already do in the
2.4-bs tree.
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729