Am 02.01.2016 um 03:31 schrieb Vegard Nossum:
> If you don't have libpcap or libvdeplug installed, you will get build
> failures when compiling certain files:
>
> arch/um/drivers/vde_user.c:8:24: fatal error: libvdeplug.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <libvdeplug.h>
>
> arch/um/drivers/pcap_user.c:7:18: fatal error: pcap.h: No such file or
> directory
>  #include <pcap.h>
>
> This patch adds a basic pre-build check and defines the kconfig variables
> HAVE_LIBPCAP and HAVE_LIBVDEPLUG depending on the result.
>
> There is a basic disadvantage to this scheme, namely that the user may
> never see the options that rely on these libraries if they are not
> installed. As a trade-off, we add a brand new option, MISSING_LIBRARIES
> (defaulting to 'y'), which allows those options to be visible (and
> selectable) anyway.
>
> [Note: I find this useful personally as I ran into the above build
>  failures when playing around with UML -- so take this more as a
>  suggestion on how things MAY be done better than a real patch.]

Why can't you build with UML_NET_VDE=n and UML_NET_PCAP=n
or install the missing libs?
To me the patch reads like a lazy approach to make allyesconfig somehow build.
:-)

If one selects VDE or PCAP (either manually or via allyesconfig) and the libs
are
missing the build has to fail. Everything else will introduce nasty side effects
like having different builds with the same config and packagers will cry.

Thanks,
//richard