I'm kind of new to the UML thing. I've read that every instance of UML
creates a temp file that represents the RAM of that instance. Its
obvious that putting that in a "tmpfs" would be very good, but I don't
want to mount a tmpfs on "/tmp", its used by too many other things and
the size restriction would cause problems.

I've read a "per-instance" tmpfs can be setup... but nowhere have I seen
how that's done. There doesn't appear to be any CLI switches for telling
UML where to put the temp file and $TMPDIR doesn't seem to do anything
for it.

I'm running stock Debian 7 64bit on Intel Xeons, with their supplied UML
packages. The UML kernel version is 3.2.54.

How can I tell UML to put its temp file somewhere else?

THX - Jon

--
Sent from my Debian Linux workstation -- http://www.debian.org/intro/about

Jon Foster