Right now I'm just finding for a way to make it work, so slow
communications will also be acceptable for now. This is for device
emulation, so a lot of memory reads and writes. Better slower then non
existent.

If I use a tuntap, a socket or something like that, what API can I use to
communicate straight from the kernel to the host?

I just tried to implement netpoll sockets
<http://stackoverflow.com/a/12175937/538339>, but it doesn't seem to be
supported inside UML.