On Fri, Nov 13, 2015, at 18:15, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Am 12.11.2015 um 14:22 schrieb Balaco Baco:

> >> As I said, if you don't have root on the host, you have to use slirp.
> >>

> > And I am using slirp. But it do not work yet. I'm not sure what is
> > wrong. May you help me?
>
> Just gave it a try. Works here.
>
> ./linux ubda=../Downloads/Debian-Squeeze-AMD64-root_fs mem=1G
> eth0=slirp,FE:FD:01:02:03:04,/home/rw/work/slirp/slirp-1.0.17/src/slirp
>
> root@uml:~# ifconfig eth0 10.0.2.15 up
> root@uml:~# route add default gw 10.0.2.15

Do not work for me. And to point directly to the slirp program instead
of its folder (which is understood by many as the *path* for anything,
not the things themselves, with full path) is news for me, and something
that should be pointed in the docs. I think many others will understand
it as I did before you said this.

Now there is a few lines about slirt and ETH0:

=======================
[autodetect SLIP/CSLIP, MTU 1500, MRU 1500, 115200 baud]

SLiRP Ready ...
Unsupported device type 256 for "eth0"
Failed to bring up eth0.
done.

========================

What can I do?

> Then you can use networking. Please not that slirp does not have a
> performance.
> Depending on your slirp package you can tweak it.

I have compiled it from source. Do you know exactly where and how I can
tweak it? If so, please say how, so I don't have to search and find what
is already known.

Thank you

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free