You guys are confirming what we predicted.  This was a "like to have"
from our customer and we wanted to see if anyone else had tried this.
Thanks.

Matt

From: user-return-1336-MATTHEW.J.MOORE=saic....@accumulo.apache.org
[mailto:user-return-1336-MATTHEW.J.MOORE=saic....@accumulo.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Adam Fuchs
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:28 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Running Accumulo straight from Memory

Yes, the effect of locality groups would be about the same in an in
memory system. The only exception would be if you're not using locality
groups and are fetching a particular column, the automatic seeking
behavior of the column filtering iterator would be more efficient with
in memory rfiles.

Adam

On Sep 12, 2012 5:20 PM, "David Medinets" <david.medin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Why would locality groups be useful in an in-memory system?