You can set it in the shell on the table. Just override the default tablet
balancer for the table. I think the master has to use the Table load balancer
also if it is not set by default.

----- Original Message -----

From: "David M. Slater" <david.sla...@jhuapl.edu>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:12:46 PM
Subject: RE: Straggler problem in Accumulo BatchScans

Thanks Eric,

Just to make sure I’m going in the right direction, this would involve
extending the TabletBalancer class, correct? How do I add it to the table after
that (and remove the old one)? I don’t see it under the Connector’s
TableOperations().

Is using a load-balancer what you would recommend if I wanted to make sure that
two different tables stored related information (e.g. data and indexes) on the
same tablets?

Thanks,
David