I am try to pump some data into Accumulo but I keep encountering

Exception in thread "Thrift Connection Pool Checker"

at java.util.HashMap.newValueIterator(HashMap.java:971)

at java.util.HashMap$Values.iterator(HashMap.java:1038)

at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool$Closer.closeConnections(ThriftTransportPool.java:103)

at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool$Closer.run(ThriftTransportPool.java:147)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I tried, as a work around, creating a new BatchWriter and closing the old
one every ten thousand rows, but to no avail.  Data gets written up to the
200kth row, then the error.

I have a table of 8M rows in a RDB that I am pumping into Acc via a groovy
script.  The rows are narrow, a short text field and four floats.

I googled of course but nothing was helpful.  What can be done?

Thanks so much.

--
There are ways and there are ways,

Geoffry Roberts