I have been working on a project, tentatively called Q4A (Query for
Accumulo). Another possible name is ASQ (Accumulo Streaming Query) [discus].

This is a streaming query as the query is completed via a stream, should
never group data in memory. To batch, intermediate results would be written
back to Accumulo temporarily.

The *primary goal* is to have a complete SQL implementation native to
Accumulo.

*Why do this?*
I am getting tired of writing bad java code to query a database. I would
rather write bad SQL code. Also, people should be able to get queries out
faster and it shouldn't take a developer.

*Native To Accumulo*:

   - There should be no special format to read a database created by Q4A
   - There should be no special format for Q4A to query a table
   - All tables are tables available to Q4A
   - Any special tables, are stored away from the users databases (indexes,
   column definitions, etc)

*Other Goals*:

   - Implement the entire SQL definition (currently all of SQLite)
   - Create JDBC Driver/Server
   - Push down Expressions to the Tablet Servers
   - Install-less queries, use Q4A jar directly against any Accumulo
   Cluster ( less push-down expressions)
   - documentation :o
   - testing ;)

*Does it work?*
Not yet, the project is still a work in progress. and I will be working on
it at the Accumulo Summit this year. Progress is slow as I am getting
married in about a month and some change.

*Questions:*
If you have questions about Q4A as here, I will be at the Accumulo Summit @
ClearEdgeIT Table and Hackathon.

*WHERE IS TEH LINK?!1!*