Nope, you've got it exactly right! That's the code I would've pointed you at to copy :)

If/when you do get to long-running MR jobs, see the "general.delegation.token.*" configuration properties in this table[1]. I think the docs are citing that one delegation token is valid for 7 days, but it's been a long time since writing/testing that code.

- Josh

[1] https://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual.html#_server_configuration_2