I don't think we're doing anything specific to set the permissions, so
they should respect your environment setup. Which version of Accumulo
are you using? And, are you referring to permissions in HDFS, a local
filesystem implementation of DFS, or something else?

If you're referring to files created on HDFS, are you following the
instructions on
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r3.1.1/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HdfsPermissionsGuide.html
 to configure HDFS?