We've recently been required to enable TLS between our Accumulo clients and
the tablet servers. We've got it working, but we're experiencing a
significant performance impact. I'm running jstack on our client processes
and consistently seeing a number of Accumulo client threads in
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake. This implies to me
that the Accumulo client is not reusing TLS sessions, and instead
establishing a new session for each connection. Am I reading
this correctly? Is there a way to configure the Accumulo client to reuse
TLS sessions?