Thanks Jayush,
                This did the trick. :)
Is there a way to remove the existing services from the "choose services"
screen, which are not of my interest ex: TEZ, sqoop?

From: Jayush Luniya [mailto:jlun...@hortonworks.com]
Sent: 05 March 2015 15:57
To: user@ambari.apache.org
Subject: Re: Check the service by default

RE: I would like to some of my services to be checked by default for
installation(choose services screen)
I haven't tried with a custom service, but I believe by default all services
are checked in the Choose Services screen.

RE: The user should not be in a  position to un-check it as they are must to
install.
Not exactly the solution you are looking for, but you could add your service as
requiredService in other services, so that the "Choose Service" wouldn't
proceed to the next step without your service being selected.
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HDFS/2.1.0.2.0/metainfo.xml
      <requiredServices>
        <service>ZOOKEEPER</service>
      </requiredServices>