I am trying to upgrade from ambari-2.2.1 to ambari-2.5.1. During upgrade it
didn't throw any error and it completed successfully.

   1. INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari.properties ...
   2. INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari-env.sh ...
   3. WARNING: Original file ambari-env.sh kept
   4. INFO: Fixing database objects owner
   5. Ambari Server configured for Embedded Postgres. Confirm you have
made a backup of the Ambari Server database [y/n] (y)? y
   6. INFO: Upgrading database schema
   7. INFO: Return code from schema upgrade command, retcode = 0
   8. INFO: Schema upgrade completed
   9. Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
   10. Ambari Server 'upgrade' completed successfully.
   11.
   12.

After upgrade , I restarted the ambari-server and it throws this error.

   1. [root@usw2dxdpmn02 yum.repos.d]# ambari-server restart
   2. Using python  /usr/bin/python
   3. Restarting ambari-server
   4. Waiting for server stop...
   5. Ambari Server stopped
   6. Ambari Server running with administrator privileges.
   7. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources...
   8. Ambari database consistency check started...
   9. Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid
   10. Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
   11. Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
   12. Waiting for server start........................
   13. DB configs consistency check failed. Run "ambari-server start
--skip-database-check" to skip. You may try --auto-fix-database flag
to attempt to fix issues automatically. If you use this
"--skip-database-check" option, do not make any changes to your
cluster topology or perform a cluster upgrade until you correct the
database consistency issues. See
/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server-check-database.log for more
details on the consistency issues.
   14. ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1.
   15. REASON: Ambari Server java process has stopped. Please check
the logs for more information.
   16.
   17.
   18.

I am able to restart ambari-server with --skip-database-check. What is the
reason for this error and how do I fix it?