I am trying to upgrade from ambari-2.2.1 to ambari-2.5.1. During upgrade it
didn't throw any error and it completed successfully.
1. INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari.properties ...
2. INFO: Updating Ambari Server properties in ambari-env.sh ...
3. WARNING: Original file ambari-env.sh kept
4. INFO: Fixing database objects owner
5. Ambari Server configured for Embedded Postgres. Confirm you have
made a backup of the Ambari Server database [y/n] (y)? y
6. INFO: Upgrading database schema
7. INFO: Return code from schema upgrade command, retcode = 0
8. INFO: Schema upgrade completed
9. Adjusting ambari-server permissions and ownership...
10. Ambari Server 'upgrade' completed successfully.
After upgrade , I restarted the ambari-server and it throws this error.
1. [root@usw2dxdpmn02 yum.repos.d]# ambari-server restart
2. Using python /usr/bin/python
3. Restarting ambari-server
4. Waiting for server stop...
5. Ambari Server stopped
6. Ambari Server running with administrator privileges.
7. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources...
8. Ambari database consistency check started...
9. Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid
10. Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out
11. Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log
12. Waiting for server start........................
13. DB configs consistency check failed. Run "ambari-server start
--skip-database-check" to skip. You may try --auto-fix-database flag
to attempt to fix issues automatically. If you use this
"--skip-database-check" option, do not make any changes to your
cluster topology or perform a cluster upgrade until you correct the
database consistency issues. See
/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server-check-database.log for more
details on the consistency issues.
14. ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1.
15. REASON: Ambari Server java process has stopped. Please check
the logs for more information.
I am able to restart ambari-server with --skip-database-check. What is the
reason for this error and how do I fix it?