Hi,

The below error is observed after restarting the single node AWS machine.

Caused by:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException):
 Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 172.31.55.219
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:229)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15.getFileInfo(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getFileInfo(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:771)

Scenario:

1.       Install the HDP on a single node AWS box.

2.       We can see the below configuration after installation:

a.        services->HDFS->configs->advanced->custom core-site

                                                               i.
hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts: ec2-54-197-36-23.compute-1.amazonaws.com

                                                              ii.
hadoop.proxyuser.hive.groups: *

3.       Once we restart the AWS machine, the public IP of the machine changes
and as such the  public DNS name which was picked up automatically during
installation for "hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts" property becomes invalid and
hence the error.

Can someone please let me know how to overcome this situation.

Thanks,
Satya.