I just responded to a similar response to this yesterday.

You should really look into using Apache BIGTop <http://bigtop.apache.org/>.
It has a packaging system built in so you can build any version of hadoop
tools you want for almost any operating system.  (You could rebuild HDP,
HDP plus some patches, or whatever you want.)  You could use this to build
your own repo
<https://github.com/apache/bigtop#for-developers-building-a-component-from-git-repository>.
I have seen a post
<https://techblog.wikimedia.org/2021/05/07/upgrading-hadoop-in-just-one-day/>
of people migrating off of CDH to BigTop
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fI1mvbR1mFLV6ohU5cIEnU5hFvEE7EWnKYWOkF55jtE>.
It's likely worth reading even though you are migrating from HDP as
the lessons learned may be similar.
>From there you'd need to build a Version Definition File, and then register
the version
<https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.7.1.0/bk_ambari-upgrade/content/upgrading_HDP_register_and_install_target_version.html>.(example
version definition file
<https://gist.github.com/mattAndruff/17989fa28bb68ebc260104eb4981f17f>)

I hope this helps, if you need help with it let me know.  I intend to try
this out soon, but may not be able to since the actual libraries are locked
down.  I may have saved a copy locally of HDP.

I am working on adding a management package to Ambari to make this easier
for everyone to accomplish but just haven't had the time to do so yet.

--
Live life
Laugh Often