Hello,
thank you for the insight. I managed to pass the Metrics issue but now I am
stuck somewhere else in the compiling of ambari-server.

*[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project ambari-server: Could not resolve
dependencies for project org.apache.ambari:ambari-server:jar:2.7.7.0.0:
Failed to collect dependencies at
org.apache.ambari:ambari-metrics-common:jar:2.7.7.0.0: Failed to read
artifact descriptor for
org.apache.ambari:ambari-metrics-common:jar:2.7.7.0.0: Could not transfer
artifact org.apache.ambari:ambari-metrics-common:pom:2.7.7.0.0 from/to
private-nexus
(https:private-nexus.hortonworks.com/content/content/groups/public/
<http://private-nexus.hortonworks.com/content/content/groups/public/>):
Transfer failed for
https:private-nexus.hortonworks.com/content/content/groups/public/org/apache/ambari/ambari-metrics-common/2.7.7.0.0/ambari-metrics-common-2.7.7.0.0.pom
<http://private-nexus.hortonworks.com/content/content/groups/public/org/apache/ambari/ambari-metrics-common/2.7.7.0.0/ambari-metrics-common-2.7.7.0.0.pom>:
URI does not specify a valid host name:
https:private-nexus.hortonworks.com/content/content/groups/public/org/apache/ambari/ambari-metrics-common/2.7.7.0.0/ambari-metrics-common-2.7.7.0.0.pom
<http://private-nexus.hortonworks.com/content/content/groups/public/org/apache/ambari/ambari-metrics-common/2.7.7.0.0/ambari-metrics-common-2.7.7.0.0.pom>
-> [Help 1]*

I tried to change the pom.xml file link in the ambari main project to
repo.hortonworks* (replacing the private-nexus with repo) which is a
solution/suggestion I found online but the same error persists even with
the new link. How do I update the pom.xml to avoid such errors in the
future?

Best regards,
Samy