-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Apache Ant Team is pleased to announce the releases of Apache Ant
1.9.10 and 1.10.2.
Apache Ant is a Java library and command-line tool that helps building
The Apache Ant team currently maintains two lines of development. The
1.9.x releases require Java5 at runtime and 1.10.x requires Java8 at
runtime. Both lines are based off of Ant 1.9.7 and the 1.9.x releases
are mostly bug fix releases while additional new features are developed
for 1.10.x. We recommend using 1.10.2 unless you are required to use
versions of Java prior to Java8 during the build process.
Ant 1.10.2 contains a superset of 1.9.10 - with the exception of a few
tasks and features that no longer work with Java8 anyway (like the apt
Both releases are mostly bug fix releases with a few new features being
added. A new javaversion condition can be used to detect the version of
the JVM running Ant.
The log4j listener has been deprecated as log4j 1.x is no longer
actively developed and we've made sure the listener works when using the
log4j2 logging bridge. In 1.10.2 the imaging tasks have been deprecated
as JAI doesn't seem to work with Java9 anymore.
Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
Apache Ant download site:
When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available
at the above location when downloading the release.
Changes in 1.10.2 include:
Changes that could break older environments:
* updated the dependency of BCEL to 6.2.
Bugzilla Report 61196
* delete task previously would silently accept wildcard (*)
value for the "file" attribute. That's no longer the case
and an exception could get thrown by the underlying filesystem
for such use. Usage like:
should instead be changed to use resource collections like:
<fileset dir="/foo/bar/" includes="*.something"/>
* Commons Net 3.6 is binary-code, but not source compatible;
see change list of Commons Net 3.0 for details
* The Log4jListener is marked as deprecated as the required log4j library
(in version 1.x) is not maintained any more.
* Image task is marked as deprecated as the required JAI library is not
maintained any more and internal APIs that JAI depended on are no longer
available in Java 9.
* <genkey>'s <dname> child now skips <param>s that lack a key or
Bugzilla Report 60767
* bootstrapping Ant on Windows failed
Bugzilla Report 61027
* Fixed the issue where the SCP based tasks would try to change
the permissions on the parent directory of a transferred file,
instead of changing it on the transferred file itself.
Bugzilla Reports 59648 and 43271
* Fixed the issue where the source file being copied could end
up being corrupted if the target of the copy happened to be
the same source file (symlinked back to itself).
Bugzilla Report 60644
* Fixed the issue where symlink creation with "overwrite=false",
on existing symlink whose target was a directory, would end
up creating a new symlink under the target directory.
Bugzilla Report 58683
* Improvement to the Zip task for reduced memory usage in certain
cases. Thanks to Glen Lewis for reporting the issue and
suggesting the fix.
Bugzilla Report 19516
* Fixed an issue where the content redirected from output/error
streams of a process, could end up being truncated.
Bugzilla Report 58833, 58451
* <fileset>/<zipfileset>/<tarfileset> will now throw an exception
with a more useful error message when setFile is called twice on
the same instance.
Bugzilla Report 62071
* Added forceCsvQuoteChar option to <csv> task. When enabled the
values always get quoted.
Github Pull Request #32
* Added <encoding> attributes to various script related tasks and a
compiled attribute to scriptdef.
Github Pull Request #30
* Added support for jarsigner's -tsadigestalg to <signjar>.
Bugzilla Report 60665
* added "regexp" attribute to <linecontainsregexp>
Bugzilla Report 60968
* reduced GC pressure by replacing all usage of FileInputStream and
* Task can now also use attribute setters that expect a
Bugzilla Report 61042
* added a new magic property ant.tstamp.now that can be used to
override the current time/date used by <tstamp>.
Bugzilla Report 61079
* added Orion support to ejbjar
Github Pull Request #33
* SCP task, when configured to use SFTP protocol, now preserves last
modified timestamp on files that it uploads, if the
preserveLastModified attribute is set to true for that task
Bugzilla Report 58589
* zip and the related tasks can now set the modification time of all
entries to a fixed timestamp.
Github Pull Request #36
* Jsch library dependency has now been upgraded to 0.1.54. Jsch is
the library behind the sshexec and scp Ant tasks.
Bugzilla Report 61718
* Added a new <javaversion> condition.
* added "javac10+" as new supported value for javac's compiler attribute.
* javah has been removed from Java 10. The task will now throw an
exception if you try to use it while running Java 10 or newer.
* Updated Maven Ant Tasks, Jakarta Regexp and JUnit 4 to the latest
stable version (2.1.3, 1.4, and 4.12 respectively); updated
JRuby to the latest Java 5 compatible version (1.6.8); added
resolve target for AntUnit to facilitate updates.
Github Pull Request #50
* Updated Java Mail API, Jython, Rhino and Commons Net to the latest
stable version (1.6.0, 2.7.0, 18.104.22.168 and 3.6, respectively).
Github Pull Request #53
Changes in 1.9.10 include:
* Ant 1.10.0 made Path#systemClasspath final which broke the Eclipse
Bugzilla Report 60582
* the wrapper script still didn't work on Solaris 10, but worked on
The "fixed" script should work in most cases but will not preserve
newlines present in command line arguments.
Bugzilla Report 60562
* new tasks <xz> and <unxz> and resource <xzresource> for XZ
compression. Also the compression attribute of <tar>/<untar> now
accepts "xz" as valid value.
The tasks and type are contained in the new ant-xz.jar and require
the library XZ for Java to be on the CLASSPATH.
Bugzilla Report 60350
For complete information on Ant, including instructions
on how to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement,
see the Apache Ant website:
Stefan Bodewig, on behalf of the Apache Ant community
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscr...@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-h...@ant.apache.org