Hello Dave,

I see that you seem to have got past this. However, looking at what you describe in your first post, this looks like a genuine issue that needs some investigation to narrow down why this fails on Java 17. Would you be able to share a reproducer for this? What operating system is this issue showing up?

> There is no ant task forking going on here. (Can you even fork a <jar> task?)

Ant doesn't launch the "jar" command for the jar task. Instead it internally uses (an in-process) set of APIs for writing out the output stream.

-Jaikiran