From: johan.huylebro...@i8c.be
To: user@aries.apache.org
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 08:31:29 +0200
Subject: PersistenceDescriptorParserImpl and handling namespaces in
persistence.xml

Hello,I’m using aries-jpa 0.3 with service mix. If I use a persistence.xml
where the elements are prefixed by a namespace as in:<pers:persistence
xmlns:pers="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd";   version="1.0">
<pers:persistence-unit name="alpha">    <pers:properties>      <pers:property
name="javax.persistence.jdbc.driver" value="alpha.db.class"/>
<pers:property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.url" value="jdbc:alpha:url"/>
<pers:property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.user" value="alan"/>
<pers:property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.password" value="4l4n"/>
</pers:properties>  </pers:persistence-unit> </pers:persistence> It is rejected
by the PersistenceDescriptorParser, AFAIK using a prefix is valid and should be
accepted. If it is indeed a bug and not ‘works as intended’ I believe it can
easily be fixed by making the parser namespace-aware. I can send you a patch
with tests if you are interested. Cheers, Johan Huylebroeck
http://www.i8c.be/integr8-consulting