Hello,

I've found that if you write a file that has a schema that specifies column
A as a uint32() type. If you read the file and inspect the schema it will
show Column A as int64(). This issue appears to be unique to the uint32()
type and I was unable to get any other type mismatches with the other
integer or float types.

The following is a link to a gist showing a minimal code example and the
output from it:
https://gist.github.com/grantmwilliams/1ceb490312c59e4fb6e4bc15b57e9707.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the physical datatype being actually
written as int64, or if the metadata for the file is just wrong instead.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Or whether it's just
a metadata issue or an actual physical type error?

Thanks,
Grant W.
--
Grant Williams