Atlas can be configured to use an alternate audit repository, by setting
atlas.EntityAuditRepository.impl to one of the following:

  org.apache.atlas.repository.audit.InMemoryEntityAuditRepository

  org.apache.atlas.repository.audit.NoopEntityAuditRepository

Atlas unit tests run with
org.apache.atlas.repository.audit.InMemoryEntityAuditRepository as audit
repository.

Hope this helps.

Madhan