Hello,

My coworker and I are having an issue with what seems like the decoder not
respecting byte lengths of ints and bools.

I am working in c++ and we use kafka to consume and produce.  I am the
producer and am encoding to binary and sending a data set to a server.

My coworker is working in java, and is consuming and decoding, and we are
using the same schema.  We have had an issue where any values sent as type
int or boolean, appear to cause any following fields to start reading from
the wrong section in memory when decoded.

We have a simple set up and have followed documentation closely, the only
error we get is an occasional exception that is very vague, but seems to be
something to do with the int binary decoder.  We are unsure what the issue
is, or if there's a configuration setting with avro we have missed.  We
have tried statically casting values before the encoding process just in
case, but this hasn't made a difference

We have overcome this by using floats for everything int or bool however
some help in not having to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks

prohibited.