I'm using dataflow. Found what seems to me to be "usage problem" with the
available APIs.
When I submit a job to the dataflow runner, I get back a
DataflowPipelineJob or its superclass, PipelineResult which provides me the
status of the job - as an enumerated type. But if I use a DataflowClient to
inquire about the status of my job
  public Job getJob(@Nonnull String jobId) throws IOException {
I get back a string. Why are these different? I would think this should be
the same data type. Short of that, is there something that can translate
between them? A list of strings strings that dataflow client might return?

I am wrapping dataflow jobs with a higher level service that would like to
translate all dataflow client status to its own. Therefore the enum is much
nicer than the string.

Am I overlooking something?
randy