Hi Carlos,

What I think is happening here is that the third 'a' you see is actually on
> a different window of the other 3 a's. Stateful being per key and window
> means that it keeps state for each key-window pairs, therefore, if your
> 'a's counter is being restarted is probably because it is actually a
> different one, and as the key is the same then the only possibility is that
> the window is different.

Yeah, that was my initial guess too, that's why I have questioned if I have
understood the semantic of the session window itself. Fortunately, as
Kenneth pointed out, my understanding was correct but this window model is
not compatible with stateful processing yet.