This could be a backward-incompatible change, though that notion has many
interpretations. What matters is user pain. Technically if we don't break
the core SDK, users should be able to use Java SDK >=2.11.0 with KafkaIO
2.11.0 forever.

How are multiple versions of Kafka supported? Are they all in one client,
or is there a case for forks like ElasticSearchIO?

Kenn